I like roast chicken, and one of the best uses of the leftovers is making a quick, easy, low carb, spicy chicken spinach curry.
If that sounds good, here’s my recipe…
Quick, easy, spicy, low carb chicken spinach curry recipe
Note: The previous night, after enjoying roast chicken, and while the chicken is still soft and the fat semi-liquid, pluck the meat from the bones and save it along with all the fat and drippings.
- Leftover chicken, fat, and drippings
- Fresh or frozen spinach
- Hot water
- Chilli pepper, chopped
- Fresh ginger, chopped to taste
- Cumin, turmeric, coriander, salt (to taste)
What to do:
- Put a chopped chilli pepper and a knob of chopped fresh ginger into a saucepan with a bit of hot water.
- Cook on medium heat.
- Wash the spinach in batches, and add to the saucepan, using a blending stick to help it break down faster. This also chops the ginger and chilli into tiny pieces, helping them cook faster.
- Add more boiling water if needed – enough to mix but not enough to make it too soupy.
- Add the chicken meat and fat.
- Add cumin, turmeric, coriander, and salt to taste.
- As soon as it’s all hot enough, eat!