I don’t think that denial and deprivation is a long term recipe for diet success. In that spirit, I’m posting a recipe for one of my favourite, luxury, low-carb treats. Eating this, for me, makes everything right in the world.
Crab is on the list of 125 low carb foods.
Notes: 1. I haven’t added quantities since crab meat can come in all sizes, and most of the rest of it is to taste. 2. This dish will be as good as the crab, so make sure it’s fresh and tasty.
- Fresh crab
- Gruyère cheese
What to do:
- Preheat the oven to 180C
- Finely chop or crush garlic using a press and fry in plenty of butter until golden brown.
- Stir in the crab, coating the meat with the garlicky butter.
- Add nutmeg to taste (note: nutmeg is a strong spice!).
- Spoon into a ramekin (s), filling 2/3 to the top.
- Pour in some full-fat cream (it should fill in all the gaps, not raise the level – it should still be 2/3 full.
- Grate or chop some Gruyère and place on top of the crab/cream mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or so – the cheese should be melted and the cream bubbling.
#keto #T2D #Recipes